The protection of your personal data is important to Brookman Town Homes. This Data Protection Notice provides you with detailed information relating to the protection of your personal data by Brookman Town homes, having its registered offices at 3 Fitzwilliam Square East, Dublin 2. We are responsible for collecting your personal data in relation to our activities. The purpose of this Data Protection Notice is to let you know which personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we use and share such data, how long we keep it, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary in the framework of our activities which is for the purposes of short term rental accommodation.
Depending among others on the type of product or service we provide to you, we may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- identification information (e.g. name, ID card and passport numbers)
- contact information (e.g. postal address and e-mail address, phone number);
- banking, financial and transactional data (e.g. bank account details, credit card numbers)
- data necessary to fight against over indebtedness, fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing.
We never ask for personal data related to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data concerning your sex orientation, unless it is required through a legal obligation.
The data we use about you will either be directly provided by you or through a booking agent that you have supplied your data to.
SPECIFIC CASES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, INCLUDING INDIRECT COLLECTION
We may also collect information about you whereas you have no direct relationship with us.
This may happen for instance when your employer provides us with information about you or your contact details are provided by one of our clients if you are for example:
- Family members;
- Letting Agent
- Accommodation websites such as Airbnb or tripadvisor.
WHY AND ON WHICH BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We use your personal data to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations, including:
- Real estate regulations
- banking and financial regulations in compliance with which we:
* set up security measures in order to prevent abuse and fraud;
* detect transactions which deviate from the normal patterns;
* monitor and report risks that institution could incur; and
* record, when necessary, phone calls, chats, email, etc.
* reply to an official request from a duly authorised public or judicial authority;
* prevention of money-laundering and financing of terrorism;
* fight against tax fraud and fulfilment of tax control and notification obligations.
- To perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
We use your personal data to enter into and perform our contracts, including to:
- provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- assist you and answer your requests;
- evaluate if we can offer you a product or service and under which conditions; and
- provide products or services to our corporate clients of whom you are an employee or a client.
- To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data in order to deploy and develop our products or services, to improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights, including:
- proof of transactions;
- fraud prevention;
- IT management, including infrastructure management (e.g. : shared platforms) & business continuity and IT security;
* improving the quality of our products or services;
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In order to fulfil the aforementioned purposes, we only disclose your personal data to:
- Service providers which perform services on our behalf such as our accountants for the purposes of compiling end of year accounts and reports;
- Independent agents, intermediaries or brokers, banking and commercial partners, with which we have regular relationship;
- Financial or judicial authorities, arbitrators and mediators, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law;
- Certain regulated professionals such as lawyers, notaries or auditors.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will retain your personal data for the longer of the period required in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests. For instance, most of client’s information is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and 6 years after the end of the contractual relationship.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- To access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data, and a copy of such personal data.
- To rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data be modified accordingly.
- To erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
- To restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- To object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling related to such direct marketing.
- To withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, please send a request email@example.com or a letter to the following address: Brookman Town Homes, 3 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2. Please include a scan/copy of your identity card for identification purpose.
In accordance with applicable regulation, in addition to your rights above, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.